Questions to Consider
Choosing to purchase real estate or land is an exciting decision that requires some initial considerations to ensure you find the property that is perfect for you.
Before browsing listings, reflect on the following questions:
- How large does the house have to be for my family to be comfortable?
- How many rooms and bathrooms are required?
- What size of yard will accommodate children, pets, and animals?
- How important is having a house close to work, local amenities, public transportation?
- In which areas would you like to live? Are there areas that you want to avoid?
- Are there special considerations required for hobbies, guests, potential additions to the family, physical limitations or disabilities?
- What soil quality do I want?
- How many acres do I want?
- What area(s) of the province will I consider?
- What type of land do I need: grainland, ranchland, mixed?
- If that land is to be rented, do I need help finding a tenant (we can help) and what is my desired return on investment?
The answers to these questions will help you not only determine the property that will be the best for you, but also save you time from viewing listings that don’t meet your personal criteria.